Monday 19 September 2011

Bruni Guenther-Tsapilis

 

I am a print maker and painter and I developed an interest in the philosophy of Zen. Zen can reconnect you with nature and the beauty of the mind. I look at elements of patterns in nature, foliage, light and shadows. The movements of clouds and water all have their own personalities.
With these influences I draw from experiences and memories and search for balance and harmony in our contemporary world. Colours can play an important role, because colours express a certain mood or make a statement.
Zen art embodies peace and harmony and less is mor and with an empty space on the paper, stillness is achieved.
I find the process of making an artwork and the discoveries that happens while making art, as important and enjoyable as the finished artwork.
Each person takes something different from an art work and if art is part in our life, art has the power to change how we view the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment